Monday, October 17, 2011

Rustic Elegance:Tablescape Inspiration

I simply adore this vintage tablescape inspiration from Kristy Rice over at Momental Designs! The inspiration for the shoot came from the gorgeous hand painted stationery.  Additional handmade details include the stunning paper flower cake topper and the hand painted paper table runner. Talk about a work of art!











From Kristy Rice of Momental Designs:

"Designing a tabletop concept has always been a dream of mine but I held off on so many occasions because frankly why would a stationer design a tablescape? Finally the inspiration struck one crisp fall day last year while sketching in Jim Thorpe, PA and I knew I could hold off no longer. I wanted to bring a unique, somewhat paper-centered approach to the world of tabletop shoots… My vision included a look that was both lush and romantic with a distinctly artistic edge. The inspiration began with a simple idea for a cake stand. I collect vintage milk glass and had recently purchased a yellow glass cake stand for my renewal celebration this coming May. I started to vision and sketch a three tiered cake incorporating these cake stands with of course my Sculpted Bloom Paper Flower as a topper. Truly all other design elements grew from the cake concept!"
 
Compliments:
Style & Design: Momental Designs
Photography: Darker Shades of Brown
Source: Ruffled
Venue: The Lands At Hillside Farms

No comments:

Post a Comment